We have pulled together some interesting resources from different sources. We will keep adding to these. We hope you find them useful.
- CYCA – Online Safety at home
- Short videos for parents and carers: delivering online safety at home
- There are some really useful links on the NSPCC Learning website: COVID-19: information, resources and elearning discounts to help you protect children during this challenging time learning.nspcc.org.uk/
- Association for Young People’s Health
The Association for Young People’s Health (AYPH) is the UK’s leading independent voice for young people’s health. We work to improve the health and wellbeing of 10-24 year olds.
Their newsletter includes resources that AYPH has published during the lockdown:
- Home activity packs
This page has been created to support parents during COVID-19 and the closure of schools. Each fortnight, we will be releasing new home activity packs with simple 15 minute activities you can do with your child to support their online safety at a time when they will spending more time online at home.
- Two new Parent Info articles explore how parents and carers can support their child’s mental health, and highlight things they can do to manage the wellbeing challenges of family life under lockdown:Surviving family life under lockdown
Where can your child get mental health support online during lockdown
- How anger affects your brain and body: Part 1.
- Train Your Brain to Become Happier
- How to stop yelling at your kids, and what to do instead.
- NSPCC COVID-19: information, resources and elearning discounts to help you protect children during this challenging time
- Meditations online can help with general well-being (they are currently offering FREE unlimited access to the Meditainment Library) www.meditainment.com
- Thinkuknow CEOP Education Team have prepared Home activity packs to support parents during COVID-19 a. Each fortnight, there will be new home activity packs with simple 15 minute activities you can do with your child to support their online safety at a time when they will be spending more time online at home.
- Mental Health Today have interesting articles, see: Coronavirus and mental health: how to pursue therapy goals while social distancing
- See our own Well-being during Coronavirus advice sheet in English: http://cycaonline.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Wellbeing-during-Coronavirus.pdf
and Welsh: http://cycaonline.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/CYM-Wellbeing-during-Coronavirus.pdf
- Safeguarding during coronavirus: school governors and trustees
- Adapting our perinatal mental health services during coronavirus
- Talking to your child about online safety
Advice on how to start the conversation and get support if you’re worried.
- NSPCC helpline
We’re still here for children, and still here to support you. If you’re worried about a child, or need advice, talk to the NSPCC.
- Safeguarding training for bus and taxi drivers
- Guidance: Education, health and care needs assessments and plans: guidance on temporary legislative changes relating to coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Further expansion of access to coronavirus testing helps protect the most vulnerable
- New national helpline for parents launched – a new national helpline for parents, and early years funding.
In addition to these resources the Open University has also many free resources on offer:
- OpenLearn: https://www.open.edu/openlearn/
- OpenLearn Wales: https://www.open.edu/openlearn/openlearn-wales
- Openlearn in Welsh: https://www.open.edu/openlearn/openlearn-cymru