CYCA ROOTS – ‘Resilience Offers Opportunities To Succeed’
Who are we?
Carmarthenshire Youth and Children’s Association (CYCA) is a registered children’s charity who have supported Children, young people and families in Carmarthenshire for over 35 years.
What is the ROOTS Project?
Our 3 year BIG LOTTERY FUNDED ‘Resilience Offers Opportunities to Succeed’ project is a family support programme offering support over an extended period of time to improve attainment of children in school and improve the employability of parents. The project will do this by improving the wellbeing and resilience of families with low level mental health issues and by offering a bespoke accredited training programme to support families.
CYCA ROOTS aims to support families that are struggling to cope with mild anxiety and depression teaching resilience skills to improve self worth and cope with change. The underpinning principles of support offered to parents will be mirrored with their children
Please note we can not replace statutory services or duplicate other services where learners are accessing support for a diagnosed mental health disorder.
Families we can support:
- Families Willing to engage with training and attend workshops at The CYCA Palms Centre in Llanelli YES
- Parent recognises the need to change and engage with emotional well-being activities with child YES
- Family de registered with social services YES
Families living within Felinfoel, Glanymor /Tyisha, Felinfoel, Llywnhendy, Morfa, and Trimsaran YES
- Parent on a substance misuse programme NO
- Parent with diagnosed mental health disorder NO
- Family registered with social services NO
For further information please contact Kath Bowen on email@example.com or 01554 776178.